Veteran Business Services
Life Towne Center provides three levels of support for veteran entrepreneurs :
1. Entrepreneurial Learning & Education
2. Business Support
It is our mission to support and enhance entrepreneurial capacity and potential for veteran business owners and new startups. We understand that there are governmental and local resources available for vets to utilize, but serendipitously, we realize that there may be extenuating circumstances unique to veterans that prevent or inhibit the full execution of these resources. Life Towne Center’s mission is simple, to create, enhance and provide opportunities for veteran owned small businesses and future entrepreneurs. We provide support to veteran entrepreneurs through education, introducing SBA resources, helping with veteran small business verification and government contracting
Our goal is to :
1. Bring your vision from a concept to life
2. Create and craft an effective business plan
3. Support through cost sharing, free to low cost business services & networking collaborations
Veterans First Contracting Program :
The Veteran has the managerial experience of the extent and complexity needed to manage the company
To qualify for the Veterans First Contracting Program, businesses must be found eligible through the VA’s Verification process, which is administered by the VA’s Center for Verification and Evaluation (CVE). The core requirements are as follows (per 38 CFR part 74) :
1. The Veteran owner(s) have direct, unconditional ownership of at least 51percent of the company and have full decision making authority
2. The Veteran manages the company on both a strategic policy and a day-to-day basis
3. The Veteran holds the highest officer position
4. The Veteran should be the highest compensated employee unless there is a logical explanation otherwise, submitted by the Veteran as to how taking a lower salary than other employee(s) helps the business
5. The Veteran has the managerial experience of the extent and complexity needed to manage the company
6. To be eligible for the SDVOSB Certification, the Veteran applicant must meet the eligibility requirements in 38 CFR § 74 and possess either a disability rating letter issued by VA establishing a service-connected rating between 0 and 100 percent or a disability determination from the Department of Defense.
The Applicant bears the burden of proof of adequately establishing its claimed status.
Verification Assistance : To help Veteran business owners more easily (and successfully) navigate the verification process, the VA has developed a number of tools and guides (see the right sidebar) in addition to creating the Verification Assistance Program through which assistance counselors have been specially trained to provide free assistance to veterans seeking verification. Click here to find a Certified Verification Assistance Counselor near you.
Read the VA’s full PowerPoint guide : 4 Steps to VA Verification